The Hertie School of Governance in Berlin prepares exceptional students for leadership positions in government, business, and civil society. The School also offers experienced professionals the opportunity to deepen their skills in the field of public management. A renowned international faculty with expertise in economics, business, law, political and social science take an interdisciplinary, policy-orientated approach to the School’s teaching and research agenda. The Hertie School is an international centre, with a variety of first-rate academic projects and a diverse student body. The School actively engages in public debate with its wide range of events bringing together experts from academia and the world of practice. The School was founded in 2003 of the Hertie Foundation, which remains the major partner.
Through the generous support of the Robert Bosch Stiftung GmbH, the Hertie School is recruiting a Post-Doctoral candidate, with expertise in the governance and management of health care systems in Germany, Europe and beyond.
The Hertie School of Governance seeks to fill the following position at the earliest.
PostDoc in Health Governance (f/m/div) on a full time basis (40 hours/week)
The contract will last 3 years.
- You will take the lead and work closely with the Robert Bosch Stiftung on the project ‘Neustart’ that aims at proposing innovative (policy) solutions to design the healthcare system of the future
- A primary duty of the post-doc will be to connect experts in Germany and internationally to support the project, to organize ‘ThinkLabs’, to summarize their results, and to foster dialogue between academic experts, policy makers, private players, and citizens
- You will advance your research agenda and contribute to the school’s research portfolio by publishing in leading peer-reviewed outlets
Publications out of the proposed ‘Neustart’ project are possible
- You will aim at producing high quality research, attending and presenting at conferences, and communicating your findings to researchers and policy-makers relevant to the field and the Project
- The ideal candidate must have a PhD or an equivalent degree in social sciences or political sciences with an interest in health and healthcare
- Candidates with an interest and experience in qualitative analysis will be given preference, although minimal quantitative data analysis is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in German and English
- Working knowledge of the German health care system is necessary
- A self-driven, independent, solution-oriented individual with a commitment to the progress of health systems is desirable
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with data analysis software such as R and Stata are an asset
- A record of accomplishment by means of international publications and scientific outreach
- Willingness to lead and work in an international environment
A stimulating international and diverse environment in multiple areas of social science, high-quality teaching and public policy. The Hertie School is a vibrant academic community that emphasizes excellence in research and teaching as well as an interdisciplinary perspective. Our school has been certified as a family friendly work environment in higher education and an equal opportunity employer (www.hertie-school.org for further information).
You will be working with Prof. Mujaheed Shaikh along with high-level executives of the Robert Bosch Stiftung. You will also have the opportunity to interact on a regular basis with a highly qualified team of experts and researchers in the fields of healthcare, social science, and political science.
Please submit your complete application portfolio including cover letter, CV, academic transcripts and a writing sample (thesis or paper). Please also list at least two references (no letters required at this point). Strict confidentiality is assured.The deadline for applications is May 31, 2019.
You can apply here: https://hertie-school.dvinci-easy.com/en/p/en/jobs/127/intro